Saturday 18 August 2012


  Being Me

I met you for the first time,
And I liked what I saw,
I wanted to be your friend,
So I tried to change what I was.
I did my very best,
To be who you wanted me to be.
And, maybe, I did succeed,
Because you became a great friend to me.
But as I grew up and saw more of the world,
Who I had become appealed to me no more,
So I tried to become better,
To become who I wanted to be,
But you fought this change every time you met me.
I didn’t understand what was happening,
And I tried to explain.
Why I had changed,
Why I was no longer exactly who you wanted me to be.
I wish you had listened,
I wish you had seen,
My heart and soul that wanted to be free,
And then you would have realized
That I had become me.

4 comments:

  1. woah... home run !! great first post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnx roshan sir... i hope i can keep d home runs coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to see you writing again, especially poetry. Big hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thnx bhaiya... figured it was high time i started again.

      Delete